Thread: Some media keys have stopped work since 18.10

Beans

Some media keys have stopped work since 18.10

My Play/Pause, Next, and Previous media keys have stopped working after upgrading to 19.04. They worked until I upgraded 18.10 when they started to quite working intermittently. A reboot would always fix the keys so they worked again. Now that I have upgraded to 19.04 those 3 media keys have stopped working all together. Here's a screen short of the current settings (default):

https://imgur.com/LIJLjN1

I'm not sure where to start troubleshooting so I thought I would start here.

Thanks!
    Last edited by risingfish; August 22nd, 2019 at 07:54 PM.

Beans

Re: Some media keys have stopped work since 18.10

Well, for some reason uninstalling and reinstalling Spotify cleaned the issue. Something in Spotify must of not like be pulled along through 4 different versions of Ubuntu. Cary on!

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Re: Some media keys have stopped work since 18.10

Glad to know you've solved it. It was probably some registry setting that was unset by the upgrade and which you reset when you reinstalled Spotify. Thanks for revisiting the thread with your solution—it may very well solve this issue for someone else in the future.

I've marked your thread "solved". In future, you can do so yourself by choosing this option under the "Thread Tools" menu.