Thread: problem right clicking !

Beans

problem right clicking !

I'm totaly new to linux and apple, and always used windows.

I just was about to work on making my wifi functioning (by means of troubleshooting program available https://ubuntuforums.org/showthread....1#post12350385 . So as i dont have cable internet available on my imac, i need to right click and do something with that file to execute it. but right click doesnt do anything. gonna reinstall mac os to see if this mouse functions there its right click or at all has some problem. since the owner of this imac has replaced it with someone else's...

so i click on a folder on ubu. (on Files) and it shows blahblah is selected. right click shows the same.

** can i use a pc mouse for apple?
    Last edited by seydashrafi; August 21st, 2019 at 07:21 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

Re: problem right clicking !

There are a few ways to right/control click on a Mac running Ubuntu. Two finger tap (not an actual click) on the touch pad should be set up by default. Assuming you're running vanilla Ubuntu with the Gnome DE, install Gnome Tweak. From there, under the Keyboard and Mouse selection>Mouse Click Emulation, you can choose "Area." This will let you use your Mac's touchpad as expected. Lastly, any old 2 button mouse works just fine with a Mac.
    Last edited by bug67; August 23rd, 2019 at 09:47 PM.

Beans

Thanks.
    I guess this mouse that i have in use is a single click mouse. it doesnt seem to have two buttons. it's old and it doesnt have a touchpad.. ill get another mouse and check it out

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

Quote Originally Posted by seydashrafi View Post
    Thanks.
    "...It's old and it doesnt have a touchpad..."
    Sorry. I missed the part about it being an iMac. Yeah, any old 2 button usb mouse will work. The first this I've ever done whenever I've gotten any kind of Mac desktop computer is ditch the crappy mouse it comes with. I have a drawer full of them.