Thread: Problems

Beans

Unhappy Problems

Here's what I've had to endure today.

I ran my old pc that has ubuntu installed. I updated it, and after that, Steam refused to launch. I tried reinstalling etc but nothing helped. I then tried to install windows on a separate drive. The ISO file is empty on this machine. I tried to use my other computer to install windows on a hard drive and then plug it into this one, but since this machine is 32 bit, and my other system is 64 bit, Windows won't let me install the 32 bit system onto the hard drive. I tried using a USB drive to install windows, but ubuntu doesn't recognize it at all.

I'm stuck and have wasted an entire day on this. I was supposed to hand this PC out to someone. I would appreciate help getting windows installed on this machine, so I can get back to my familiar OS.

Beans

Re: Problems

Thread moved to the "Windows" forum.

Beans

Re: Problems

Basic information you neglected to post, which version of Ubuntu and which version of windows are you referring to? What ISO file are you referring to?

I tried using a USB drive to install windows, but ubuntu doesn't recognize it at all.
    How did you put windows on the USB? Or did you? Not sure why Ubuntu would need to recognize it if you get the windows iso on the usb all you need is for the BIOS to recognize it to boot.