Thread: MusicBee

Beans

Thumbs up MusicBee

Hi,

I am very new to the world of linux (Ubuntu). After much faffing and searching and reinstalling and waiting and more faffing I have managed to get the latest version of MusicBee Portable (as of 19-Aug-2019) installed and working.

So....because there is hardly any information as to how to do this (especially in one place), would anyone be able to tell me if there is a way of looking at my install of linux, wine etc, and how to go about sharing what I did to get this awesome bit of S Mayall genius working? Basically I have no idea what i did in what order to get it working and I am sure I will not be the last person to have issues. A nice guide would be what I am wanting to create to share.

Many Thanks
    Kind Regards
    jamw

Beans

Re: MusicBee

Hello jamw, welcome to the forums

Is it 100% functional (platinum) or is it glitchy as in bronze. MusicBee has a history of poor wine performance so just saying.

https://appdb.winehq.org/objectManag...tion&iId=11732

A tutorial would be better published at WineDB for all wine users to see. You could join the "Application Database" maintainers team for MusicBee and publish your how to.

And last, I have no clue how to reverse engineer a wine app. You did it once, do it again, remove it and reinstall. Take a few notes this time