Thread: MiFi router web login is all linux jargon.

Beans

MiFi router web login is all linux jargon.

Hi

I'm a noob to linux. MyFi router is not giving me my default log in page. I get msg ;

/usr/lib/lua/luci/dispatcher.lua:582: bad argument #1 to 'pairs' (table expected, got nil)stack traceback:
    [C]: in function 'pairs'
    /usr/lib/lua/luci/dispatcher.lua:582: in function 'createtree'
    /usr/lib/lua/luci/dispatcher.lua:230: in function 'dispatch'
    /usr/lib/lua/luci/dispatcher.lua:195: in function </usr/lib/lua/luci/dispatcher.lua:194>

What does all this mean ?

I have had homeinvashion with evidence of person('s) at pc desk. I have had lots of cyber attacks.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: MiFi router web login is all linux jargon.

Which version of Ubuntu are you running?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by TheFu View Post
    Which version of Ubuntu are you running?
    I'm not. But I can if it help's
    Last edited by orbitmipi; August 18th, 2019 at 07:14 PM.

Beans

So you are asking here because what you see looks like Linux stuff. Makes sense.

It may well be Linux stuff, because I see linux-like error messages referring to stuff in /us/lib. Lua is a scripting programming language. The error messages indicate that whatever script is being run (presumably the one that issues the home page) is misbehaving somehow. It appears that some of the scripts inside the router (or the data they deal with) have become corrupt. Without knowing a lot more about your router, I don't think we will be able to help more than that. A knowledge of Linux is not going to be enough to tell what's wrong inside the router.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Moved to any other OS as I doubt there is a way to determine what exactly the router is running

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Quote Originally Posted by orbitmipi View Post
    …I have had homeinvashion with evidence of person('s) at pc desk. I have had lots of cyber attacks.
    Here's what I would suggest:

1. Even if your router is running Linux, it is not running Ubuntu (no commercial router does), so this forum will be of limited help to you.
    2. If there is even the slightest chance that your router has been compromised, get a new router. Throw the old one in the river—well—not literally in the river, but you know what I'm saying.
    3. If you run any Windows boxes at home, make sure they have anti-malware installed out the yin-yang. If possible, back up all crucial data, nuke Windows and reinstall.
    4. If you run Ubuntu boxes, back up all critical data, then nuke the Ubuntu OS and reinstall virgin OSes from scratch.
    5. Ditto with all mobile devices.
    6. Do all of the above concurrently so that your HW cannot reinfect each other.

What do you mean by cyber attacks? How do you know you've been attacked? What do these attacks look like?