Thread: 19.04 Disco Dingo User Avatar and Login without using password

Beans

Lightbulb 19.04 Disco Dingo User Avatar and Login without using password

I'm a heavy desktop user. And I'm managing a couple of lubuntu desktop for 'public' use.

I like the new Lubuntu 19.04 Disco Dingo very much because it is way way way much faster than its predecessors. Like I said, I'm a desktop user so this is a very very nice experience.

--Previous Lubuntu 18.xx boots really slow -- while Lubuntu 19.04 Disco Dingo is very fast even on a fairly new mainstream desktop/laptops -- core i3-i5 with 4GB RAMs and equivalent.

I hit a few snags while configuring my desktops to use the new version 19.04 Disco Dingo -- mainly
    1. adding a user avatar
    2. user can click login without using a password
    3. configure login wallpaper

This is my immediate concern -- as other functions are working fairly as before. I did not see GUI for configuring the above mentioned -- the previous version has a GUI to configure these.

Please let me know if you have any ways of achieving these. I can follow instructions upto to using a terminal to tweak config files using text editors...

Thanks,

Ben

Beans

Re: 19.04 Disco Dingo User Avatar and Login without using password

Configuration of login screen is done at: /etc/sddm.conf
    My configuration is:
    Code:
    dmn@Sydney-VM:/etc$ cat sddm.conf
    [Autologin]
    Session=lxqt.desktop
    User=dmn

[Theme]
    ThemeDir=/usr/share/sddm/themes
    Current=elarun
    FacesDir=/usr/share/sddm/faces
    The autologin should be self-explanatory. Just add in the user(s)
    As far as I know, backgrounds are part of a theme. sddm themes can be installed from Ubuntu Repos. Current= contains the name of the theme to be used.
    User icons can be placed in folder indicated by FacesDir= . Each is a file with name like username.face.icon. I think they should be 256x256 px PNG file.

That's it.