Thread: Display flicker issue in ubuntu 16.04

Beans

Display flicker issue in ubuntu 16.04

Hello,

Recently i encountered a problem with the display in lenovo z5070 laptop. At the start it is normal, then after some time left half of the display show some flicker and disappear.
    But then (i don't know what is triggering this) suddently left half of the display is full of black and white barcode image and I can't see anything. So I can work only on right half of the display.

If i restart my pc ,everything is normal again.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Re: Display flicker issue in ubuntu 16.04

Sounds to me like your display or cabling for your display is failing. Can you hook-up an external monitor to the laptop and see if it has the same issue?

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu 19.04 Disco Dingo

Re: Display flicker issue in ubuntu 16.04

Also type following commands, what do they give ?
    Code:
    echo $XDG_SESSION_TYPE
    echo $XDG_CURRENT_DESKTOP
    I assume you have an Intel CPU with the integrated HD 4400 graphics. Try following: Add i915.enable_psr=0 to GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT in /etc/default/grub file. Run grub-mkconfig -o /boot/grub/grub.cfg (assuming your GRUB file is there). Reboot.

Kernel 5.2.8 fixes a very similar problem. However Ubuntu ships this solution earliest in 19.10 (October) or you install 5.2.8 by yourself until then.
    Last edited by pencuse; 4 Days Ago at 05:24 AM. Reason: typo
    Dell Latitude E7440 (since Dec 2017). CPU: Intel Core i7-4600U, 2 cores, 4 threads; HDD: PM851 256 GB SSD; RAM: 8 GB DDR3L; Graphics: Intel HD 4400
    Dual-boot /dev/sda5: Lubuntu 19.04, /dev/sda6: Arch Linux