Thread: [Ubuntustudio] No audio

Beans

[Ubuntustudio] No audio

I've tried killing, reinstalling alsa and pulseaudio and no avail.

Of course I've looked up the troubleshooting thread and info page but still no avail.

I know that my speakers and sound chip are fine as they work perfectly in Windows 10.

EDIT: Using a fresh install of Ubuntu Studio 19.04 Disco Dingo. Sound worked fine while using 18.04.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Re: [Ubuntustudio] No audio

I would then go back to 18.04 with a clean install. 18.04 is an LTS (long term service) release with support for at least 5 years. 19.04 is a short term release and has to be updated to the next release every 6 months.

Ubuntu Studio, as I understand it, use JACK for its sound control. Personally, I have never had any luck with getting JACK to play nicely with any install. Unless there is a specific reason that you need Studio, I would suggest Xubuntu which is quite similar. Any programs in Studio can be installed in Xubuntu.

Beans

I installed 18.04 and no avail.

However, I had a hunch that something else would work - instead of simply choosing the install option I chose the "try before installing" option, during the trial the audio was working so I thought that installing it from that environment would carry those attributes to the final product.

It worked, no thanks to Obama.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Quote Originally Posted by Autodave View Post
    I would then go back to 18.04 with a clean install. 18.04 is an LTS (long term service) release with support for at least 5 years.
    Not Ubuntu Studio 18.04, it's already out of support I believe. Their last LTS was 16.04.