Thread: Neither Wireless nor Ethernet connecting without HDMI cable plugged into monitor

Beans

Neither Wireless nor Ethernet connecting without HDMI cable plugged into monitor

Hi -- I am trying to use Ubuntu 18.04.3 LTS as a headless server. I have started encountering this problem where I need the HDMI cable from the computer plugged into a monitor for the internet connection to be established. I have tried with the native wireless that comes with the motherbroard, a plugin USB wireless, and an ethernet cable. Same problem in all instances, although I did not try disabling the native wireless while also using the two other options. When the HDMI cable is plugged in no problem, although I did not notice a little question mark instead of the wifi icon one time, although in fact the wireless was working when I tried to go on the internet and the wifi icon appeared at that time. In another instance, I notice some kind of connection error message for a brief time, but the connection was working quickly after that.

For wireless-info.txt, please see https://paste.ubuntu.com/p/z3cdjw84ct/

Thank you,

Craig
    Last edited by wexiy2; 1 Week Ago at 09:29 PM.

Beans

Re: Neither Wireless nor Ethernet connecting without HDMI cable plugged into monitor

Hi -- Fixed title: changed "with" to "without": "neither wireless nor ethernet connecting without HDMI cable plugged into the monitor"
    Last edited by wexiy2; 1 Week Ago at 09:30 PM.