Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Can't switch to AMD dedicated GPU

Beans

Re: Can't switch to AMD dedicated GPU

apparently my card does not work with this program as I'm using an RX550.
    Hmm, you may need a newer version to recognize your card, or maybe the hybrid graphics has the program confused. I wouldn't worry too much about it. As long as DRI_PRIME glxinfo shows information for the AMD GPU, you should be confident that using DRI_PRIME runs programs on the AMD GPU.

Beans

I really am not sure about that, I tried playing League of Legends through Lutris (with DRI_PRIME enabled) and I get 40 fps on the very lowest settings in Full HD... On Windows I got 120+ fps on highest settings with the same hardware, is it really possible that the game runs more than 5 times better under Windows? I am really frustrated right because this makes literally anything unplayable, even CSGO which runs natively on Linux gets 30-40 fps at best on lowest settings, I doubt it is really using the RX550 with those results.

Beans

I tried playing League of Legends through Lutris (with DRI_PRIME enabled) and I get 40 fps on the very lowest settings in Full HD
    I've read plenty of reports on poor performance using DRI_PRIME with a discrete AMD GPU. I'm sorry I don't have a solution for you.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12