Thread: After upgrading to 19.04 Epson tx135 does not print characters only images

Beans

After upgrading to 19.04 Epson tx135 does not print characters only images

Hi all,
    I`m facing that problem after upgrading to 19.04. My Epson TX135 only prints images not text. I have excluded the printer, reinstalled the drivers from epson`s support site, added the printer again and not solved the bug. I looked to CUPS error log and saw a command setting fontspath to a directory that does not exist (/usr/share/cups/fonts).
    Any help?
    Thanks in advance

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: After upgrading to 19.04 Epson tx135 does not print characters only images

I have no skill with that hardware, but you might try first with the
    printer-driver-escpr
    driver from the ubuntu archive to avoid non standard install path and use other custom ubuntu settings. Do purge the previous packages installed from source.

Beans

Dino99, thanks for your help. I have already done what you sugest with no success. It is important to say that all was working fine with the previous version, 18.10. Regards.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

xyko,
    In this file, /usr/share/cups/cups-files.conf.default
    there these two commented lines...
    Code:
    # Location of fonts used by older print filters...
    #FontPath /usr/share/cups/fonts
    Make sure the FontPath line includes the crunch(#) at the beginning.
    Cheers,
    I am not an expert on anything, but I pretend to be one at times.
    Software expands to consume available system resources.

Beans

Thanks for your help hom610. I had a very busy day, I will check this conf file asap. Regards.

Beans

Hi hom610.
    Yes, my /usr/share/cups/cups-files.conf.default has those lines as you wrote. FontPath is a commented line.
    Regards,