Thread: Ubuntu 18 & consistent HDMI issues

Hybrid View

Beans

Ubuntu 18 & consistent HDMI issues

I don't really know where to put this but 'feedback & help' seems slightly appropriate.

I'm a long time Ubuntu user: typically love it & support it strongly. That said I'm very frustrated currently.

I know there are issues with HDMI/external monitors not consistently working with at 18.04. I know this because I'm one of them & have spent multiple hours trying to fix my issue. I've posted multiple times in the forums, have gone through omgUbuntu pages, the askUbuntu site: I've installed & configured gdm3 & lightdm; switched between xface, unity, normal ubuntu studio: i've copied code & pasted it in: reconfigured my packages, turned my laptop on & off and then back on & off again -- and then some. No matter what, over the course of the last month, I keep running into the same issue where randomly my external monitor/HDMI doesn't work when I turn on my laptop (Acre Aspire F15).

After failing to find a consistent answer and working through suggested solutions; I finally just re-installed 18.04 Studio over the weekend. Everything has been working fine all week but then this morning I turned on my laptop & again -- no external. I xrandr & again, no HDMI listed.

I see many posts about issues like this but have found none that have actually solved the problem. Is there anyone who can please:

1) tell me why this keeps happening (yes; i've tried different cords & tvs/monitors). There has to be a known reason why so many externals randomly stop working with 18.04.
    2) help me fix this please

I find it hard to believe that there is not a fix for this that I just have not found. Help me please

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: Ubuntu 18 & consistent HDMI issues

Closed
    You have a running thread on the issue here:
    https://ubuntuforums.org/showthread....8#post13876778
    (Answer the question to post #3 in particular)

BTW, the feedback section is for issues pertaining to the forums.
    Not for support related issues.
    Splat Double Splat Triple Splat
    Earn Your Keep
    Don't mind me, I'm only passing through.
    Once in a blue moon, I'm actually helpful