Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Image Size in Window

Beans

Re: Image Size in Window

OK. I opened Vbox/Storage, selected the guestadditions.iso, right clicked and then remove attachment. It disappeared from Vbox but was still in the Oracle folder so I deleted it and replaced with the correct ISO. It was then showing in Vbox with an exclamation mark and when right clicked said "not accessible" I went back to the Oracle folder selected and right clicked the ISO, then "mount as a virtual drive" This was noted as successful but it is still showing the exclamation mark in Vbox although right clicking it has now changed to "remove attachment" which I have done. How do I correctly install it from the command line?

Beans

Create a new "guest" and try again. Post #9 gives the command line option.

Beans

Smile Re: Image Size in Window

Update: I have now deleted the VM and started again. All is as before except that this I have not selected the "Insert the wrong version of Guest Additions CD images" in Ubuntu. I still have the version that matches my VBox version in the Oracle folder so how do I install it from the command line?

Beans

Your post came in while I was typing the update! I will check post 9.

Beans

It installs itself to vBox in the initial download process. You should of been prompted to install to vBox.

As uRock suggested you need to remove the old. It will be located in /media of the guest.
    Code:
    sudo rm /media/package_name

Beans

Sorry but still lost! I have read the link on post 9 and if I select "Machine Menu" there is no Devices menu. This is now appears to be a separate menu and when I select it and then Install Guest Additions I only get the option to download the image file from the internet. I have not done so as I think this will take me back to square one and it will download and mount the wrong version?
    Apologies for being thick, but I already have the correct ISO. I have found and opened File Manager but cannot see how to open a terminal as advised in the instructions?

Beans

No worries, I'm thick too

Do it and follow the prompt. You know what package version you want, if the download is not a match, then abort.

Beans

I am now downloading the correct version and get this error as soon as it reaches 100% I have tried about a dozen times and also reinstalled Ubuntu to no avail.
    Capture.JPG

Beans

All sorted! Managed to install guest additions from the terminal and all is working fine. I can now resize the Unbuntu window including the image.

Many thanks for all the assistance.

Beans

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12