Thread: Desktop Environments Page "Support for your Ubuntu desktop, including ... LXDE .."

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Lubuntu Development Release

Desktop Environments Page "Support for your Ubuntu desktop, including ... LXDE .."

Howdy

At page https://ubuntuforums.org/forumdisplay.php?f=329 I see

"Forum: Desktop Environments

Support for your Ubuntu desktop. Including Gnome, KDE, XFCE, LXDE, Budgie and Mate."

Lubuntu 18.04 LTS still uses LXDE so the LXDE reference is valid, but starting with Lubuntu 18.10 the desktop is LXQt. Whilst 18.10 is now EOL & thus doesn't matter, 19.04 and future releases will use LXQt.

I request the page be modified to include LXQt.

If Lubuntu having two desktops (LXDE & LXQt) is a problem, let me know and I'll query Lubuntu-members on which to list, whilst I suspect I can guess which way it'll go - it's better to have consensus.

With thanks, Chris g.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Re: Desktop Environments Page "Support for your Ubuntu desktop, including ... LXDE ..

Thanks for bringing this up. I've added LXQT to the list for the sub-forum. I've also added a lxqt prefix to the general prefix list.

Let us know if anything doesn't appear quite right. The server was in a very iffy mood this morning, and kept logging me out of adminCP. It gets like that sometimes. Perhaps it's the weather.
    Ubuntu 20.04 Desktop Guide - Ubuntu 22.04 Desktop Guide - Forum Guide to BBCode - Using BBCode code tags

Member: Not Canonical Team

If you need help with your forum account, such as SSO login issues, username changes, etc, the correct place to contact an admin is here. Please do not PM me about these matters unless you have been asked to - unsolicited PMs concerning forum accounts will be ignored.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Lubuntu Development Release

Re: Desktop Environments Page "Support for your Ubuntu desktop, including ... LXDE ..

Thanks coffeecat, greatly appreciated.