Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cant search any Bluetooth devices

Beans

Unhappy Cant search any Bluetooth devices

Hi! I'm new to Linux Os and I just installed ubuntu 19.04. Im using an old laptop ASUS x451MAV with Intel® Bay Trail-M Dual Core Celeron N2815 Processor and built in wifi and bluetooth. I totally wiped out Windows OS but Bluetooth back the was working fine. Now that im running ubuntu 19.04 Bluetooth cant just find any devices. Please help.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: Cant search any Bluetooth devices

Welcome to the forums.

If you are new to Linux, please don't run non-LTS releases like 19.04 unless there is a really good reason. Do you really want to install an entire new OS every 6 months? That's what using any release that isn't LTS requires. 90% of Ubuntu users should be running 18.04 still.

Beans

so how can I install 18.04 LTS from 19.04? I dont have windows os so I wont be able to make a bootable 18.04 usb

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate

Oh, there's a way to make a bootable USB. Do this:
    Code:
    sudo apt install etcher-electron
    Etcher is a superior USB-burnng app. Use it to do the job, and you'll be all set.

I drink my Ubuntu black, no sugar.
    Ubuntu user 28819

Beans

Hope my Bluetooth works after downgrading> I will update tomorrow once I got home. Thanks for the help.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

There are at least 15 different ways, so don't feel like you HAVE to use Etcher. On a limited system, Etcher can feel bloated. The Ubuntu guide for this: https://tutorials.ubuntu.com/tutoria...ck-on-ubuntu#0

Lots of people like Etcher, so it is probably a pretty nice tool. I tried it once - think it used some funky packaging that rubbed me the wrong way. I can be sensitive in that way. ;(

I use dd myself, to make a bootable flash drive from the ISO.
    Last edited by TheFu; July 30th, 2019 at 08:23 PM.

Beans

This is way more easier. Dont need to download etcher anymore.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by TheFu View Post
    There are at least 15 different ways, so don't feel like you HAVE to use Etcher. On a limited system, Etcher can feel bloated. The Ubuntu guide for this: https://tutorials.ubuntu.com/tutoria...ck-on-ubuntu#0

Lots of people like Etcher, so it is probably a pretty nice tool. I tried it once - think it used some funky packaging that rubbed me the wrong way. I can be sensitive in that way. ;(

I use dd myself, to make a bootable flash drive from the ISO.

whats DD?

Beans

So I tried installing the 18.04 LTS but it just doesn't work on my LAPTOP . I dont know what's the problem but its not installing but it just freezes on blank screen after I selectED install ubuntu. I just installed 19.04 version back. I need a working PC and I just cant install 18.04. Guess I just need to install a new interim release once 19.04 support ends.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Some PCs, usually laptops, need some boot options to work. https://askubuntu.com/questions/1085...f-ubuntu-18-04 Using google with terms like:
    ASUS x451MAV ubuntu blank screen
    should help find solutions.

I have an Asus laptop with a newer CPU. It doesn't need any special options to boot.

But only you can decide if any of this is worth the effort. The next LTS will be 20.04 - next April. I usually wait until at least June to install. Let others find the big issues before I bother.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast