Thread: When I restart my ubuntu it's changes the ID of my cards (GPUs)

Beans

When I restart my ubuntu it's changes the ID of my cards (GPUs)

Hi all, I have a problem, i have installa three Ati RX580 in my ubuntu 18.04 and my motherboard have one more inserted .
    when i start my device sometime ubuntu change de ID de card (GPU) of motherboard by the card one RX580 and y don't want change the devices, I want to the card0 always be the motherboard GPU and the rest of card always same nunmber,
    Can somebody help to me?

Beans

Re: When I restart my ubuntu it's changes the ID of my cards (GPUs)

Hi, nobody can help my?...

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by nestdrs View Post
    Hi all, I have a problem, i have installa three Ati RX580 in my ubuntu 18.04 and my motherboard have one more inserted .
    when i start my device sometime ubuntu change de ID de card (GPU) of motherboard by the card one RX580 and y don't want change the devices, I want to the card0 always be the motherboard GPU and the rest of card always same nunmber,
    Can somebody help to me?
    Your not giving enough information for us to help you. When a request for help is asked give us something to go on and not so vague.
    How did you configure them? (This includes everything you have done up to now)
    Also add this please:
    Code:
    cat /etc/X11/xorg.conf
    And are you using any related PPA's for this.
    With realization of one's own potential and self-confidence in one's ability, one can build a better world.
    Dalai Lama>>
    Code Tags | System-info | Forum Guide lines | Arch Linux, Debian Unstable, FreeBSD

Beans

Thanks for you answer, I don´t know else I can say. I installed the driver of AMD, the free driver in a Ubuntu 18.04, all card are configuerd in the path, /sys/class/drm/
    in this path are card0, card1, card2, cardx..... (card0 = Motherboard, card1 = RX580-1, card2 = RX580-2 and card3 = RX580-3)
    when I restart to pc, the card0 change of name at card1 and card1 change at card0.
    if I want to the cards it in the instead, i have to restar the PC until the card are left in place, several times

I need thar because I want to make undervolt and I need know the name of each card
    sorry my poor english
    Last edited by nestdrs; October 30th, 2019 at 12:11 AM.