Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How many use a wireless mouse and keyboard?

Beans

Re: How many use a wireless mouse and keyboard?

I have two mice. g502 and roccat kone

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Wow. I live in an apartment, and I use a wireless mouse, but not a wireless keyboard. I don't worry about this sort of thing at all, though.

Beans

Got wireless mice/keyboards, speakers, printer, TV, router. The days of stringing wire all over the house is now just a bad memory.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Turns out that bluetooth hasn't ever been safe to use: https://www.howtogeek.com/438712/cou...acked-in-2019/
    There’s ample evidence that Bluetooth is about as secure as a padlock sculpted from fusilli pasta.

Beans

I always use wired at home because I couldnt be bothered with batteries/charging the bloody things. My wired stuff just always works.

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu

I have an old wired Compaq keyboard (with Win2000 logo). I don't like interchanging batteries without any advantage against a wired keyboard.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Lubuntu Development Release

I've got multiple machines, but on most I use old ibm model m keyboards (clickety-clackety & too old for wireless).

i do have two boxes with wireless mice used as media players (one has a wireless keyboard if it had working batteries) but they've been setup to rarely want/need a keyboard anyway. The cordless mouse is nice (the boxes only have read access to limited files)

On my desktop(s) I'd not want to deal with dead batteries, and the corded mice is actually handy (when I get annoyed and want to focus I tend to knock the mouse off the desk into the bin & only use keyboard - the cord is a handy way to find & retrieve the mouse back from the bin when I eventually need to use it again).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12