Thread: [Solved] Lubuntu 19.04 screen backlight turn off at login screen and don't turn on

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

[Solved] Lubuntu 19.04 screen backlight turn off at login screen and don't turn on

Hi,

I just installed Lubuntu 19.04 on my asus eee pc 1215B netbook (AMD E-450 APU with Radeon HD 6320 Integrated Graphics, RAM: 4GB)

I got the issue with the live usb too, but i selected boot option "acpi=off" and I was able to complete the install. (Also tried "nomodeset", both "nomodeset & acpi=off", but it was unsuccessful)

So, now i have the lubuntu installed, but the screen turn off at login screen (before I can log in, even if I keep moving the cursor) and I can't wake up the screen (trying to switch to tty1-7 don't wake up the screen)

Someone have idea what I can do ?

edit: Corrected CPU model
    Last edited by tony_p; July 23rd, 2019 at 08:24 PM.

Beans

Re: Lubuntu 19.04 screen turn off at login screen and don't turn on

What's the kernel version? And have you tried installing missing drivers?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Re: Lubuntu 19.04 screen turn off at login screen and don't turn on

Ok, so now I have plugged the laptop to an external monitor and it works as a second (extended) screen and I can use the tty but shortcuts to switch screens mode or open terminal don't works (or maybe on the primary screen, which stay turned off). It's a bit annoying, but better than nothing for the moment.

Kernel is 5.0.0.
    I don't know if I have missing drivers and if there is a command for that.
    I will try to find a way to make this second screen the primary.

edit: finally I have added acpi=off to grub boot cmd and the main monitor work. I will stay with that for the moment.
    edit: So, i searched a bit more and adding
    Code:
    acpi_backlight=vendor
    to grub boot cmd works... In fact it was just a backlight issue

This arch linux forum discussion: Installation media 2019.02.01 does not boot on Asus EeePC 1215b and this post helped me
    Last edited by tony_p; July 23rd, 2019 at 08:31 PM.