Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Why are you a active forum member

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Budgie Development Release

Re: Why are you a active forum member

(I also noted coffee & donuts - I haven't found them yet...)
    Digital coffee & donuts are over rated.
    "Our intention creates our reality. "

Ubuntu Documentation Search: Popular Pages
    Ubuntu: Security Basics
    Ubuntu: Flavors

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

I'm here in recovery from my RTFM habit. Mostly it works, but I do relapse occasionally.
    Still working on the "that is an unsupported version, move to 18.04 or 19.10 ASAP" problem. ;(
    Last edited by TheFu; January 6th, 2020 at 09:11 PM.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Not sure if I'm considered 'active' but I do hang out to just read posts here.
    I don't need as much help as I did 'back in the day' as Ubuntu gets better and better as time goes on.
    Thanks to all who do participate and help others.
    (Was)Windows Free At Last
    "May You Have A Safe Trip and A Successful Journey"
    Linux user #432153 Ubuntu user #8521

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Lubuntu

I am no longer an active member coz I am using Manjaro and if I post in the Arch and derivatives nobody responds.
    Lubuntu 20.04

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

In 2006, my 3-year-old XP notebook was being eaten alive by malware & viruses, even with buying anti-virus software. I'd been reading about Linux, specifically Ubuntu as a better way. After trying the Live-CD version to confirm that it worked for me, I saved all my important files and wiped my HDD; no dual-boot for me! I jumped in over my head and have been treading water ever since. I don't have the skill-set or memory to be a coder, but I come to the forums to ask advice on the occasional problem that crops up as well as to share solutions to issues that have affected me. I am rarely the one who came up with a solution, but sometimes I can repeat a solution that worked for me in a more timely manner than our busy regulars. In addition, some of the hardware I still use is perhaps no longer in common usage, so sometimes I will know of a solution that is no longer common knowledge. Besides, who doesn't like coffee and donuts?
    Reminder: If you start a thread asking for help with a problem, please remember to use the Thread Tools to mark the issue as "SOLVED" once you have a solution. This will help other people with the same problem when they search for answers.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Installed 20.04 on a spare laptop today and felt like telling somebody.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

1: because 19.04 worked out of the box on my configuration.
    2: because this forum helped me a lot and quickly for the very few problems I was left with.
    Happy user of Ubuntu-20.04 on a Beelink BT3pro mini PC

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

There is ALWAYS something interesting.
    "The piano ain't got no wrong notes."

-Thelonious Monk

Beans
    Hidden!

Cool Re: Why are you a active forum member

I have been interested in Ubuntu since Ubuntu 7.04. Still learning new things about Ubuntu with each new release.
    Ubuntu is a multi-Language OS. I usually spend a lot of time translating English to Afrikaans Language. Ubuntu means : a quality that includes the essential human virtues; compassion and humanity. It is often translated as : I am because we are or The belief in a universal bond of sharing that connects all humanity. Mainly it is an African word meaning: Humanity to others.
    This is the drive that keeps me a regular forum member on Ubuntu Forums. Only a short time member so far.
    Last edited by bernard010; January 13th, 2020 at 11:36 PM.

Beans

I'm just here for coffee. I arrive, I leave. I stay a while, take a sip, get tired of the taste and leave, moving onto something new. But the coffee is good here and it takes a while to remember that so I come back. I like lots of different coffee now. Flavor is the spice of life, KISS and keep learning.

Sometimes the best coffee is the one you know the best, but never forget what's around you and what else there is. Just don't spend your whole life trying different coffee.

Too much of a good thing can be wonderful.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast