PufferTV

Check this out (restricted to the US)

https://puffer.stanford.edu/

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: PufferTV

Interesting and perhaps educational research gets around the legal problems which exist in re-streaming broadcast TV within the USA.

A few companies have been heavily fined for doing something similar. https://www.nytimes.com/2014/06/26/b...challenge.html Basically, just because content is free, doesn't mean that anyone can take that content and provide it without compensating the original broadcasters. At least, that's how I understand the SCOTUS ruling.
    The 6 to 3 decision handed a major victory to the broadcast networks, which argued that Aereo’s business model was no more than a high-tech approach for stealing their content.
    I use an antenna and HDHR4 network tuner to get broadcast TV. Get over 90 subchannels locally, which turns into about 15 that have any content of interest, just about the same as paid CATV.

Beans

It is a nice little service though for those of us living in small town USA.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Budgie Development Release

Take a look at Pluto TV also, there's no login required though It's not sponsored by a school.
    "Our intention creates our reality. "

Ubuntu Documentation Search: Popular Pages
    Ubuntu: Security Basics
    Ubuntu: Flavors

Beans

Hello Frogs Hair

Yep, got it and half a dozen other freeB sites. Just one more to add to the collection.

Just thought this was neat, maybe I'm just easily impress

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

There are lots of ad supported streaming networks. Visit justwatch.com to get a feel.

I'm partial to Tubi.tv, Roku, Crackle, IMDB-Free, and most of the broadcast networks have their recent show episodes (about 3-4) the next day, except CBS. ABC delays theirs a week, last time I checked - like when my PVR misses a recording due to signal loss (sunspots).

If you have a roku, there are thousands of options and about 20 that are worth checking out. The content available changes every week. I usually time-shift everything.

And don't forget to see what your library system provides. Mine provides Acorn and some other streaming service for free, though i haven't figured out how to use either outside their android apps.
    Last edited by TheFu; July 14th, 2019 at 03:16 AM.

Beans

Tubi.tv, Roku, Crackle
    Yep, got those too.

IMDB-Free, haven't heard of that one.

Our library has free ebooks, the Library of Congress also has a nice collection of digital material.