Thread: Java, Eclipse IDE, possible to extract sub-projects?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Java, Eclipse IDE, possible to extract sub-projects?

Lets just get this out of the way, i am a Java / Programming (noob) hobby "programmer".

I have created a Java EE Dynamic Web Project, that contains code for building different site layouts, currently 7 different layouts.
    So the question is, can i from the "master" project extract sub-projects?

For example, if i would like to create a new Dynamic Web Project containing layout 1,3 and 7.
    Can i than (with a tool or feature) go into the master project and tick of the dependencies for these layouts (resources, pages, styles ect) and export
    this into a new project while preserving the folder, file and package structure?

As i mentioned i am green through and through in this area, if this is the WRONG way please let me know, and if there is a right way also please let me know.

I have zero experience with Maven and extremely little experience with gradle, but if those tools (or some other tool) is what it takes, i am all for it.

Edit. If the above is possible would it than also be possible to select files from multiple projects and export / combine these into a new project, through a tool
    that is quicker than just doing everything by hand?

Thanks in advance
    Best regards
    Last edited by Drenriza; July 12th, 2019 at 01:26 PM.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Java, Eclipse IDE, possible to extract sub-projects?

If anyone has any input on what "others" do in such a situation, or how they completely avoid the above situation, please let me know