Thread: Partition created for ubuntu not detected in the installer, fdisk, etc - MacBook8,1

Beans

Post Partition created for ubuntu not detected in the installer, fdisk, etc - MacBook8,1

I'm new to Linux in general and have been trying to install Ubuntu 18.04.2 LTS on a Macbook 12" 2015.

After installing rEFInd and following these instructions on making an image of ubuntu that's supposed to include drivers for the trackpad and keyboard I went to install it, once booted from the usb I found that my drive wasn't being recognized by the installer. It doesn't happen in any tutorial I try to follow.

I couldn't attach pictures, here's an imgur album

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: Partition created for ubuntu not detected in the installer, fdisk, etc - MacBook8

Do not know Mac, but is yours new enough for this to apply?

With An Out-Of-Tree Kernel Patch You Can Finally Read/Write To The SSDs On Newer Macs - 2019 July
    https://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pa...y-Linux-SSD-RW
    For more info on UEFI boot install & repair - Regularly Updated :
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2147295
    Please use Thread Tools above first post to change to [Solved] when/if answered completely.

Beans

Re: Partition created for ubuntu not detected in the installer, fdisk, etc - MacBook8

I didn't think so at first because the laptop was released in 2015 and the article talks about computers released in 2016 and newer, but in the comments someone mentioned that there are models produced as early as that year with the same issue. So yeah that's probably what it is!.

I think i'll stop there because I honestly don't understand any of the stuff that is being done there, but they seem to be making real progress on a driver.
    Last edited by nikasio2; July 12th, 2019 at 05:29 AM.