Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Firefox has adware/malware?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu Development Release

Re: Firefox has adware/malware?

Quote Originally Posted by saurian2 View Post
    That was a link, as I said. There is also a link (I can post it if anyone is interested and I won't get suspended or something) from Quora which I think it is a pretty safe site. So I don't think that the issue is with the site but with my browser. I find weird that the only thing in common for the sites I tried is that they talk about solutions against adware and malware.
    I disagree the site has something going on, all controls in firefox was broken IE:Slider, shortcuts, and the ability to close firefox was lost.(Closed through the terminal) I did not stick around long on the site.
    kaspersky is also involved now.
    See uRock's advice to clean your firefox.
    With realization of one's own potential and self-confidence in one's ability, one can build a better world.
    Dalai Lama>>
    Code Tags

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by uRock View Post
    I'd close Firefox, then go into the Home folder, then hit Ctrl+H to show hidden, then rename the .mozilla forlder to .mozilla_old, then reopen Firefox and see if it acts the same.
    Doing that it seems to have fix the issue with that link. I deleted that folder. So there was some malware in .mozilla folder?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

Quote Originally Posted by saurian2 View Post
    Doing that it seems to have fix the issue with that link. I deleted that folder. So there was some malware in .mozilla folder?
    I'm not sure what was causing it, but definitely something wrong in the profile's configuration.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu Development Release

certainly not a site I would recommend, SortSite Scan Report

This report gives a detailed breakdown of the issues and errors on the first 10 pages of your site.
    View Report
    90% pages with issues
    View Report here: https://try.powermapper.com/Reports/...rt/map.W3C.htm
    And: https://try.powermapper.com/Demo/Rep...0-bc301dc7d3f8
    I had also found some old stuff on my own that kaspersky is now monitoring.(Not pertaining to the site owner.)
    Last edited by 1fallen; 1 Week Ago at 08:16 PM.
    With realization of one's own potential and self-confidence in one's ability, one can build a better world.
    Dalai Lama>>
    Code Tags

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12