Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: I am no longer a distro hopper. What about you ?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate

Re: I am no longer a distro hopper. What about you ?

I was a loyal Ubuntu user, until I became annoyed at programs disappearing from the repos. I tried to compile GTK2, which is a dependency for my go-to music player, Aqualung, and failed on 19.04.
    I was aware that Aqualung was in the Arch User Repository (AUR), so I installed Manjaro MATE, which is a much gentler user experience. Aqualung compiled perfectly, and I need it to do a college radio show, which I have been doing for 36 years, more than half my 71 years.

And Canonical's removal of various programs from the repos over the last 11 years is annoying to me. Not as annoying as Mint, however.

Hate to say it, but I actually like it better than Ubuntu; it is indeed faster than Ubuntu in terms of daemons running, and it is faster thereby.

I drink my Ubuntu black, no sugar.
    Ubuntu user 28819

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

Quote Originally Posted by poorguy View Post
    I'm no longer a distro hopper, I just run a half dozen different Linux distros.
    Hey oldrocker99,

Exactly one of the reasons I run a half dozen different Linux distros is that each Linux distro seems to offer at least one advantage over another Linux distro.

Enjoy Manjaro and perhaps we will see you around here now and again.
    Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.
    (Mark Twain)

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate

I do like Manjaro, but I'm still a loyal Ubuntu Forums user. I'll keep logging in most every day.

I drink my Ubuntu black, no sugar.
    Ubuntu user 28819

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234