Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do you have the liberty to listen to music or watch movies with hifi audio ?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Lubuntu

Do you have the liberty to listen to music or watch movies with hifi audio ?

Hi,

The house that I am presently residing is in a congested area.
    The gap between 2 houses is very narrow.

When I watch my TV using its in built speakers there's no problem
    but when I play music or watch movies using my computer's
    2.1 speaker system my neighbors complain,

Despite the complaints I still continue listening to music with
    full bass.

Do you have the liberty to listen to music or watch movies with hifi audio ?
    Lubuntu 20.04

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Re: Do you have the liberty to listen to music or watch movies with hifi audio ?

i might, but i don't have equipment like that. i have a set of noise cancelling headphones.
    Mask wearer, Social distancer, System Administrator, Programmer, Linux advocate, Command Line user, Ham radio operator (KA9WGN/8, tech), Photographer (hobby), occasional tweetXer

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Re: Do you have the liberty to listen to music or watch movies with hifi audio ?

Flat panel televisions keep getting skinnier and skinnier. That means the speakers do as well. At the very least, get yourself a sound-bar to go along with your new 4K panels. It makes all the difference in the world. I would compare it to the difference between a PC internal speaker vs some desktop speakers. Anything is better than the PC Internal speaker.
    Holy Cripes on Toast!
    Attention is the currency of internet forums. - ticopelp

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

After 40 years of construction heavy equipment I use a 1000 wat home theater system when watching TV.

Beans

I've lived in the same house and neighborhood for over 40 years.

The trick is to get to know your neighbors and invite them over on movie / TV night and all is well.

The nights that you are enjoying movies and TV without neighbors they don't bother you .

I own 3 lots and live in the middle lot so I don't worry about bothering my neighbors although we get along very well.
    Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.
    (Mark Twain)

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu

After 24 years of explosives, heavy equipment, firearms and artillery in the Army ... If I can see the windows rattling, I can hear the TV.

If you don't like it, get off my lawn. Scratch that. Just get off my lawn.
    Please read The Forum Rules and The Forum Posting Guidelines

A thing discovered and kept to oneself must be discovered time and again by others. A thing discovered and shared with others need be discovered only the once.
    This universe is crazy. I'm going back to my own.

Beans

Within the laws of your locality, you have the right to do whatever you want in your home. There are things you can't do, though, like improperly install a new gas line, because that could endanger the people around you.

Same with music: You can play the music when you want, when you want. But when you start to impact your neighbors quality of life, you begin to cross the line between your personal freedom and the community in which you live. If you want the freedom to so whatever you want, whenever you want, move to the middle of a field somewhere.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Different places in the world have different noise laws. The laws in my part of the world allow almost any volume from 7am until 10pm. Part of being a good neighbor is respecting each others desire for peace and being understanding when neighbors can't or won't be quiet from time to time. Talk to them. Work something out.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

i once had neighbors below me playing loud booming "music" at times. i found it only took about 10 watts of 6.99 MHz RF to a dipole laying across the floor to totally disrupt their audio (buzzing and squealing). they soon quit doing that.
    Mask wearer, Social distancer, System Administrator, Programmer, Linux advocate, Command Line user, Ham radio operator (KA9WGN/8, tech), Photographer (hobby), occasional tweetXer

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Budgie Development Release

I don't enjoy movies at high volume and am protective of my good hearing. This includes wearing ear plugs in movie theaters. I do play guitar and besides the occasional screaming feedback session I keep it pretty tame and in the basement.

"Our intention creates our reality. "

Ubuntu Documentation Search: Popular Pages
    Ubuntu: Security Basics
    Ubuntu: Flavors

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast