Beans

Re: Do you watch tv?

I only watch shows that interest me.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Lubuntu Development Release

I still have TVs in many rooms, but since TV went digital, most are useless as the aerials don't get a good enough signal. I haven't removed them as they sit there should I ever want to watch a vcr, dvd or just listen to static (what the analog signals now is).

Nah I don't watch tv, nor miss it enough to explore replacing the aerial.

Beans

I think while the TV is on. I find that it helpfully scatters my thoughts.

Beans

The only problem with youtube and all streaming services is the amount of power required to run their datacenters. I don't have a TV and I kind of miss having set TV times when things were only on at a certain time. Now you can watch youtube 24/7 and it can be easy to fall into the trap of watching online videos all the time. I guess the same for any streaming service. It's the way of the future though.

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

I'm one of those who reside in locations that do not have broadband internet available (most of the acreage in the US). I watch TV with the help of LinHES to record my programs of interest (local news, public television, etc) so that I can view my programs at my convenience. Streaming video is not practicable in my generally rural locations. I look forward to affordable space-based internet (thank you, Elon) because the incumbent ISP's have no interest or intent to serve sparsely settled areas; but until then, I make do with what is available.
    Reminder: If you start a thread asking for help with a problem, please remember to use the Thread Tools to mark the issue as "SOLVED" once you have a solution. This will help other people with the same problem when they search for answers.

Beans

Yeah, I do. I just don't turn it on.

Beans

Only if there is a show both my wife and myself like, then it's kind of social time together really where we comment about stuff etc. That's about it, everything else is on our respective computers!

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

I had the tv on for a college football game about two weeks ago, then haven't turned it on since then. Going weeks at a time without turning the tv on is typical for me; I don't like to sit and watch things. Also, I think I've watched only one movie so far in 2019.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12