Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: what i would like to see added to firefox

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Re: what i would like to see added to firefox

> > if you zoom out, you can get a combination of text and enough of an image into view.

about half as often i'm wanting to exclude something so i can do a full screenshot. and much of the other times i'm zooming in to make things as large as possible.
    What do you call someone who speaks three languages? Trilingual. Two languages? Bilingual. One language? American.

Beans
    Distro

> There's that and then there's also grabbing the slider on the right, which gives the ability to get exactly wherever wanted.

i'm getting smaller jumps, but still getting jumps, from the side slider.
    What do you call someone who speaks three languages? Trilingual. Two languages? Bilingual. One language? American.

Beans
    Distro

some web sites have removed the side scrollbar even though the page is quite long. or maybe i did it when i zoomed in to not see the ads on the right. the mouse roller and the up/down keys do scrolling ... with jumps. i don't know how much control javascript has on scrolling but i was able to create this years ago.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by uRock View Post
    There's that and then there's also grabbing the slider on the right, which gives the ability to get exactly wherever wanted.
    It's not exactly one-pixel precision. And try that with a laptop trackpad and see how precise you get. Your face goes red with frustration, your body begins to shake and the precision problem just gets worse from that point on.

Quote Originally Posted by Skaperen View Post
    some web sites have removed the side scrollbar even though the page is quite long. <snip>
    Hmmm, never encountered this before. Curious.

Getting back to the original idea from the OP, I still believe it's a brilliant feature request. I could certainly make use of it and having it as a key combination would give the power to those that would find it useful but those that have no reason for it would never have to acknowledge the key combination. I'd also suggest that those who don't understand the logic behind the idea are those that would probably just never use such a feature and would be part of the latter group I mentioned.

Beans
    Distro

we are the one-pixelers

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by Skaperen View Post
    we are the one-pixelers
    So has anyone filed that Enhancement bug report @ https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/home ?

Maybe you can find one already filed in this list https://mzl.la/2Gnjfjh

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

Quote Originally Posted by fragglebliss View Post
    It's not exactly one-pixel precision. And try that with a laptop trackpad and see how precise you get. Your face goes red with frustration, your body begins to shake and the precision problem just gets worse from that point on.
    I plug a mouse into every laptop I use. I hate trackpads. That said, I used to use a Netbook for browsing. I could only see half of a Facebook post at a time.

Beans
    Distro

my laptop has a flat mousepad (no trackball) but i turn it off because with it on my hands cause lots of text to be "randomly" highlighted all the time. my wireless mouse has 3 buttons (nice on Linux) and a roller.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12