Thread: unfinished post disappeared

Beans

unfinished post disappeared

I was working on a post and I must have done something wrong. The half finished post just disappeared.
    I think there used to be a link to reclaim incomplete posts, but I can't find it now.
    Can you help?

Attempt to make space for backup destroys saved passwords
    If you can't take a hoof - don't stand behind the mule

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Re: unfinished post disappeared

Thread moved to Forum Feedback & Help a more appropriate sub-forum.

Beans

OK Sorry I didn't know.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Normally you will see something about "restore saved content" in the reply window if something was saved by the forum. You may be able to use the browser back button to find anything the browser may have saved

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Quote Originally Posted by Gnusboy View Post
    I was working on a post and I must have done something wrong. The half finished post just disappeared....
    I have noticed on a couple of occasions over the last about 2 days similar has happened to me while composing posts, I thought at the time I had some sort of browser issue. I'll keep an eye out and see if this may be related to the forums.

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy31 View Post
    Normally you will see something about "restore saved content" in the reply window if something was saved by the forum. You may be able to use the browser back button to find anything the browser may have saved
    I didn't see the "restore saved content" option at the time and on using the back button I lost over half the post, to an earlier states save point I guess. It felt unusual to me at the time like a browser issue, or a forum glitch even, but I just redid the posts involved and moved on. Seeing the OP's comment reminded me of my posting about 24 hrs ago, maybe up to 2 days ago . I'll watch this thread for a bit. Yeti

Beans

I tried the page back, but no luck. But I've been having all sorts of computer problems for a week. That's what my post was about. I'll take the advice and rewrite it. Thanks all.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Apologies, I was not able to post about your issue when I moved the thread but I can now, no worries about posting in the wrong forum.

Not sure of the exact time but about every thirty seconds a post is automatically saved, my laptop has locked up more then once while I was in the middle of composing a post and I had to reboot and when I came back to the forum and opened my browser I was still able to click on the restore auto saved content, it is in the bottom left hand corner of the screen, however I believe once you start typing a new message the restore auto saved content link disappears and you can no longer bring back the saved content because as soon as you start typing a new message the forum software will in about thirty seconds save the new content over the old content, in other words it is over written at this point and the restore auto saved content link reappears but only the new message is available.

See screenshot please:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by wildmanne39; July 2nd, 2019 at 12:45 AM.