Thread: How does Minecraft Install For Uniben work On Ubuntu?

Beans

How does Minecraft Install For Uniben work On Ubuntu?

Hello everyone,

I recently paid for Minecraft on my Xbox. Later on, while surfing the web i noticed this particular software is also available for free here. After installing, and rebooting, a login form popped up my desktop screen. At first i thought it was a mal-function on the part of the software (Uniben Admission Update), I had to re-install and boot it up. It continued throwing up the login form. Am I right if i guess that "this isn't based nor saved on my actual HDD but possibly via a cloud via a login i have to create?

I also guess one can't link these across platforms?

Does any person here play Minecraft game on Ubuntu? I really need advice and insight on how this game operates on Ubuntu.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks.

Regards,

Omana
    Last edited by omana; July 3rd, 2019 at 08:09 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

Re: How does Minecraft Install For Uniben work On Ubuntu?

I have no idea what your "Minecraft Install For Uniben" is.

To run Minecraft you download the Minecraft .jar file from minecraft.net. When you run it there will be a login window where you'll enter the details of the account you set up when you bought the game from Mojang.

As I understand it, buying the game on the XBox doesn't get you a licence for the Java version.

You'll also need to be using the Oracle version of Java, particularly if you use any mods. Installation of that has become a pain since Oracle changed the licensing terms, I believe.