Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Puppy linux

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu

Puppy linux

is this site down? ever time i go there, i get a blank page. could be my settings, with Lubuntu LTS, i just dont think so. maybe it's a blocker i use, only one site aint working, or so, whatever aint working, an it involves Puppy.
    the only bad question is one that is not asked.
    the good Lord give me Major Dyslexia so that i might learn. if you dont understand what i write sometimes, that makes two of us.. i confuse myself..

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

Re: Puppy linux

Puppylinux.com opened fine for me. Try from a private/incognito window in case it's an addon or extension blocking it. Also try from another device or browser if you have one.
    Current 'buntu systems: multiple systems running Server or Desktop 22.04 LTS / Retired or Upgraded: 18.04.2 LTS, Mythbuntu 16.04 LTS, Ubuntu 16.04.1 LTS, 14.04 LTS, 10.04 LTS, 8.04 LTS
    Been using ubuntu since 6.04 (16 years!)

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu

i thought it could be my browser. its never happened before though, i didnt block it from either an extension or add on. thanks
    Last edited by oneleded; June 28th, 2019 at 10:32 AM.
    the good Lord give me Major Dyslexia so that i might learn. if you dont understand what i write sometimes, that makes two of us.. i confuse myself..

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu

http://puppylinux.com opens fine for me also.
    Wireless script
    Dave
    Registered Linux User #462608
    Morse Code an early Digital Mode.

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu

i think it has to do with an update from NoScript. getting to puppy worked on the defunct XP, on first HDD. i use it only in emergency's. it uses NoScript, but hasnt been updated. i did find a work around, but only to download, with lubuntu, not to fix the problem. i think i got to talk to Georgio, italy.
    to fix no script on 2nd HD, sdb.
    Last edited by oneleded; June 29th, 2019 at 05:30 AM. Reason: just bad sentence structure

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu

when i used the old XP, on first hard drive, i was able to find the site. i think it had to due with NoScripts last update. i couldnt found out how to temporally disable noscript, or the rules, that cause the problem. thanks for the help.
    far as i'm concerned this is solved.. i just cant seem to mark it so again. [recurring problem ]
    Last edited by oneleded; June 29th, 2019 at 05:41 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu

this thread is solved. at the moment i cant mark it so. maybe your only allowed the mark one thread a day.
    Last edited by oneleded; March 11th, 2020 at 08:31 AM.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Threads in non-support -- chat -- areas can't be marked as solved. I have moved this thread to a support category.

Support threads are, by definition, requesting a solution and can be solved. This one is now marked as such.

Cheers!
    Last edited by QIII; March 11th, 2020 at 05:08 PM.
    Please read The Forum Rules and The Forum Posting Guidelines

A thing discovered and kept to oneself must be discovered time and again by others. A thing discovered and shared with others need be discovered only the once.
    This universe is crazy. I'm going back to my own.

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu

@QIII
    thanks for your insights., and correcting me. it gave me much to think about. never to young/old to learn, or, get embarrassed. glad i still got this trait.

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu

i still get the "403 forbidden"... Puppy changed the site. i should provide the link., just dont remember it at the moment.
    Last edited by oneleded; February 6th, 2021 at 04:53 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast