Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: linuxtoday.com not accessible from Sweden?

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

linuxtoday.com not accessible from Sweden?

I can't reach linuxtoday.com from my Ubuntu Chrome and Firefox. I get this;

An error occurred while processing your request.
    Reference #97.a79a645f.1561277697.611f285

I've checked my firewall and adblocker, deleted linuxstoday cookies. Still can't reach it. So I'm thinking either linuxtoday blocks countrys outside the US, which is not uncommon since the EU GDPR regulations, or my ISP is blocking it for some obscure reason (not probable).

Anyone else from outside the US experience this?

Beans

Re: linuxtoday.com not accessible from Sweden?

Same from the UK.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Thanks! Then I don't have to worry too much yet! I've come across several US sites that was blocking visitors from EU since GDPR, but they often had the courtesy of telling what they did. Some of them have since come around again.

I've googled this thing with linuxtoday but nothing has come up, yet.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

UK here. I am able to get to https://www.linuxtoday.com/ using Ubuntu 18.04 with either Firefox or Chrome, and from a Chromebook, but the website is very slow.
    Ubuntu 20.04 Desktop Guide - Ubuntu 22.04 Desktop Guide - Forum Guide to BBCode - Using BBCode code tags

Member: Not Canonical Team

If you need help with your forum account, such as SSO login issues, username changes, etc, the correct place to contact an admin is here. Please do not PM me about these matters unless you have been asked to - unsolicited PMs concerning forum accounts will be ignored.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Yeah, the error response takes a long time, so it might be they're having server problems. But I'll try some other DNS servers too.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

UK here as well, but I get the same pageblock as the OP using Xubuntu 18.04 and Firefox.

Beans

Interesting. I still can't get them. I tried both my normal ISP (Virgin Media) and a VPN.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Changing DNS didn't help. Pinging or trying to surf directly to IP (70.42.23.51) does not work either.

Beans

Interesting. I still can't get them. I tried both my normal ISP (Virgin Media) and a VPN.
    And I can't post their url here either, so there is some filtering going on.
    Having tried to post their url (a curl trace) I can't update my posts here either.
    Seems I can update my post provided I don't put certain contents in - like the curl output gets me logged out of the Ubuntu forums.
    Last edited by The Cog; June 23rd, 2019 at 11:30 AM.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Curiouser and curiouser. I am still able to get to https://www.linuxtoday.com/ , albeit slowly. And just to add some more data to the mix. I've tried with two internet connections. The first with my adsl service where the ISP uses their own nameservers. The second through a WISP that uses google's nameservers. Both successful, although glacially slow.

Quote Originally Posted by webaake View Post
    Changing DNS didn't help.
    Did you try Google's nameservers - 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4?

Quote Originally Posted by The Cog View Post
    And I can't post their url here either, so there is some filtering going on.
    Have I got the right URL? As you can see, I've posted it twice now.
    Ubuntu 20.04 Desktop Guide - Ubuntu 22.04 Desktop Guide - Forum Guide to BBCode - Using BBCode code tags

Member: Not Canonical Team

If you need help with your forum account, such as SSO login issues, username changes, etc, the correct place to contact an admin is here. Please do not PM me about these matters unless you have been asked to - unsolicited PMs concerning forum accounts will be ignored.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast