Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: linuxtoday.com not accessible from Sweden?

Beans

Re: linuxtoday.com not accessible from Sweden?

Quote Originally Posted by coffeecat View Post
    A filter that, presumably, doesn't affect the two different UK ISP's that I successfully used to connect directly to linuxtoday.com on the day this thread was started. See post #10.

And which still work today.
    Interesting. I was guessing that since I was able to connect through the proxy via my ISP, but not directly from my ISP, that it must have been IP filtering of somekind. Maybe linuxtoday's servers didn't like my http request for some other reason, which the proxy modified, but yours was ok to begin with.

My work ISP (different, but also UK based) would generally result in the same error. I had intermittent success, but when it worked, wasn't slow in any way.

Anyway at the time of typing, from my work ISP I can currently now connect again without error, although there's not much in the way of articles to read: https://imagebin.ca/v/4mjg2M759nbI

Beans

Still didn't work from home last night, but now currently producing errors again from work this morning as well. Still works through HMA, so will stick with that solution.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Still no luck here. And no response on my mail to them.

Beans

I'm not sure that the information is relevant, since the question was asked 3 weeks ago, but everything is fine with me.

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

I think this is still relevant, I still cannot access it from sweden, and I would like to know of any email answers from linux today

Beans

Still relevant, I am having the same problems from Virgin UK, EE mobile and from BBC guest network so three different ISPs,... Will test later with VPN terminating in USA...

Beans

I can access less than 1% of the time from my home ISP (Virgin UK), and about 90% at my work.

I tried with different country endpoints with my own VPN provider, and it works some of the time. So far it's worked all of the time using the free HMA proxy (with USA server), so I just use that if it's unavailable through whichever ISP I'm using at the time.

Beans

So I did few test from my home and workplace. It looks like there is some filtering going on as I have a hit or miss unless I use VPN. Connecting to Surfshark solves the issue. And it does not matter if I am connecting to UK or any other country... Why would Linux Today limit access to anyone??

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Check out this webpage. I am not having this problem, but you might find this interesting.
    https://www.privacyend.com/how-to-un...tes-on-chrome/
    Information on my Main laptop. Information on my small laptop Dell 11 3000
    Using a Asus 3632QM laptop with 8gig RAM, 250 SSD.
    Machine Registered 366271, 366273, 366275.
    Registered Ubuntu user number 18630. Registered Linux user number 458093.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Still big problems reaching linuxtoday.com. And since I started this thread I've changed ISP (fiber as well). It's getting worse. I don't believe my new ISP is blocking this and not my former ISP either. I mean, all other Linux web sites, like Ubuntu forums, OMG Ubuntu , LXser, Linux Insider and wide range of other US and European web sites work flawlessly. It must be something to do with linuxtoday and their servers/hosting. And they don't respond to emails.

By the way VPN is not my cup of tea.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast