Thread: Whisker menu categories, sliders, menus messed up after upgrading to 18.04.2

Beans

Whisker menu categories, sliders, menus messed up after upgrading to 18.04.2

Howdy! I just upgraded from 16.04 to 18.04.2 and a few things are amiss after the upgrade.

I can't see some buttons and sliders. Menu configuration option buttons are not visible. Slider for volume control for pulseaudio is not visible. On the whisker menu, I see circles covering the names of categories. Terminal window pull-down menu items have no spaces but they are clickable and selecting items from the pull-down menu work.
    Applications seem to work for the most part, but not being able to control the volume and not seeing the categories on the whisker menu are super annoying. I don't know what else may be broken. Can someone point me in the right direction? Is this a matter of destroying/modifying some dot files for configuration? I removed the whisker rc file, but the problem persists.
    Changing themes don't seem to help.

Here is a link with images with the stuff that is broken:
    https://imgur.com/a/Yr51Mky

Last edited by oldfred; June 21st, 2019 at 11:34 PM. Reason: Adjusted font, please use standard fonts for readability

Beans

Re: Whisker menu categories, sliders, menus messed up after upgrading to 18.04.2

Test in a new user account.

Beans

Re: Whisker menu categories, sliders, menus messed up after upgrading to 18.04.2

Turns out that the RAVEfinity themes are no longer being supported after 16.04. I changed to Adapta gtk themes and now everything is working again.