Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Activation of network connection failed on Ubuntu 18.04 LTS on HP Pavillon 14 n007la

Beans

Re: Activation of network connection failed on Ubuntu 18.04 LTS on HP Pavillon 14 n00

Quote Originally Posted by Rubi1200 View Post
    Big thanks owed to wildmanne39 for jumping in and helping sort this out, kudos.
    Thabks to all 3 of you: garvinrick4, Rubi1200 and wildmanne39. I guess it was kind of a team work .

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Re: Activation of network connection failed on Ubuntu 18.04 LTS on HP Pavillon 14 n00

Quote Originally Posted by no-cheating View Post
    It fixed it! Thanks a lot. I've been struggling without internet access for a day and finally you've fixed it .

Can you describe me what was the problem, so that I understand what happened? Especially that it stopped working suddenly, after working for 2 days.
    This device has trouble using hardware for encryption and the first command switched encryption to software, the second command turned power management off, when it is on all wifi devices have issues, sometime they will connect but not well and sometimes not at all.

You are very welcome, I do not have the time to help out much with wifi issues anymore and I am rusty so it helped me as well.

Enjoy!

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by wildmanne39 View Post
    This device has trouble using hardware for encryption and the first command switched encryption to software, the second command turned power management off, when it is on all wifi devices have issues, sometime they will connect but not well and sometimes not at all.

You are very welcome, I do not have the time to help out much with wifi issues anymore and I am rusty so it helped me as well.

Enjoy!
    Thanks for the explanation. Makes it much clearer now. Have a good night!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Any new user who needs help notice it was solved because "no-cheating" gave info asked for and
    his problem was then solved by a user with knowledge on topic. Good example of how forum
    should be used.
    Last edited by garvinrick4; June 21st, 2019 at 08:41 PM.
    Remember hence where you come and pass it down.
    Ubuntu Forums member #899097 and Ubuntu Member:

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by garvinrick4 View Post
    No cheating tell us what solved your networking problem so users know. Thank you.
    I think it was clear from the messages in the thread, which one solved it, but I can clarify it again, no problem. This is the solution:

Code:
    echo "options rt2800pci nohwcrypt=y" | sudo tee /etc/modprobe.d/rt2800pci.conf
    sudo modprobe -rfv rt2800pci
    sudo modprobe -v rt2800pci
    then:
    Code:
    sudo sed -i 's/3/2/' /etc/NetworkManager/conf.d/*
    Reboot
    And this is the explanation:

Enjoy!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123