Thread: Old Forum Account, new SSO account

Beans

Red face Old Forum Account, new SSO account

My old profile, Robin7, at https://ubuntuforums.org/member.php?u=1898886 isn't associated with an SSO account, which I just created. I could not choose the name "Artim<' because it says the name is already in use, but I can't find any instance of it. If possible, I would like the username "Artim" because that's what is associated with my blog, Confessions of a Technophobe.

Thanks very much in advance for whatever you can do.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Re: Old Forum Account, new SSO account

Artim is already being used, you need to provide three usernames you want in the order of preference, which account do you want to use before doing a username change? The original forum account is linked to SSO already, I can make the adjustments to get you back into that account if you pm me with the email address you used when you created that account for verification purposes.

Beans

Well, I don't think it even matters, really! I can be just as happy keeping things as they are. I just thought it wise to let you know the old Robin7 account is mine, as I'm sure multiple accounts are not ordinarily permitted.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

If you are happy with your new account I will disable your original account, yes you are correct we allow one forum account per user, if you decide you want to change your username on this account just post three usernames in order of preference and we will see if one of them is available.

Beans

Thank you, yes, disable the old one. I'll just keep this one and make a fresh start!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Disabled original account.

Beans

Thanks! Curious, when I search for "Artim," I find only links to the old Robin7 account. You say the name is in use already, but I can't find Artim. Just curious...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

The account under Artim is in all capitals, I believe the forum software sees artim the same whether it is capitalized or not, the account named Artim registered in 2011 they were logged in a brief time that day and never logged in again, this is from memory but I believe after seven years an account is considered abandoned and you can request the username be assigned to you, if you would like you can ask in this thread and an admin will probably respond, I am not sure whether I have my info correct and have the authority to make the change if I am correct. Not sure why you can not find the username it maybe that they never posted I did not look to see if they did or not.

Beans

Thank you, @Wildmanne39! I do so request. I won't always be a boy, after all.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Your username has been changed to Artim.

All Done!