Thread: Low activity ?

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

Low activity ?

Hi all. 10 years ago when I bought my first System76 laptop this forum was very active, and a nice community of S76 users cropped up to chat about their systems. Now it's only a hand full of posts in the last month. Has all the activity moved to the System76 and PopOS sub on Reddit? Those seem to be very active as it once was here, so just curious.
    System76 Pangolin Performance 5 - Xubuntu 18.04 LTS
    System76 Darter Pro - Pop_OS 18.04 LTS

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Budgie Development Release

Re: Low activity ?

There was once an official System 76 rep on the forums who has not been active for three years or more. Pop OS is now default unless otherwise specified by the purchaser and there are enough differences that it has to be treated as a Ubuntu/Debian based operating system. Pop OS also has a growing user base who do not own System 76 hardware. I gave it a spin about three weeks ago. I could only speculate about the popularity of System 76 products.
    Last edited by Frogs Hair; June 14th, 2019 at 04:09 PM.
    "Our intention creates our reality. "

Ubuntu Documentation Search: Popular Pages
    Ubuntu: Security Basics
    Ubuntu: Flavors

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

Yes it's been nice seeing Pop OS grow in the last few months, I got it pre-loaded on my S76 laptop, but it's still new enough as are their latest models that there's lots of conversation to be had. I do see a split between conversations between Pop OS on non-S76 hardware and on S76 systems regardless of OS. They do have reps on the Reddit subs, just kinda sad they no longer frequent here as the history of this forum is so established.
    System76 Pangolin Performance 5 - Xubuntu 18.04 LTS
    System76 Darter Pro - Pop_OS 18.04 LTS

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Budgie Development Release

I'm guessing the rep who visited here has a different role and moved on like many forum members do. We are all volunteers.
    Last edited by Frogs Hair; June 25th, 2019 at 02:52 AM.
    "Our intention creates our reality. "

Ubuntu Documentation Search: Popular Pages
    Ubuntu: Security Basics
    Ubuntu: Flavors

j2ee is offline Just Give Me the Beans!
    Beans

Quote Originally Posted by samalex View Post
    Hi all. 10 years ago when I bought my first System76 laptop this forum was very active, and a nice community of S76 users cropped up to chat about their systems. Now it's only a hand full of posts in the last month. Has all the activity moved to the System76 and PopOS sub on Reddit? Those seem to be very active as it once was here, so just curious.
    Price is just too high comparing to DIY with the same components. Only few would pay that much more for someone else pre install linux so that is the problem.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Quote Originally Posted by j2ee View Post
    Price is just too high comparing to DIY with the same components. Only few would pay that much more for someone else pre install linux so that is the problem.
    That is not really the issue in this case, they created their own OS so they have their own support platform now and do not do it here anymore so please stop spreading what is just your opinion better known as FUD, this forum is specifically for when system76 has Ubuntu on it, which they do not really support themselves anymore.