Thread: Burning DVD with Brasero...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

Question Burning DVD with Brasero...

Hi.
    Downloaded a movie using ClipGrab; worked well, got saved as .mp4, able to play the downloaded file.
    When tried to burn to a DVD, converting process was requested. Did it with VLC media player into one of the choices I guessed/chosed : to 720p for TV 'format' as intention to play on a standalone DVD player. Seems it almost went well, I was able to play the saved conversion file that also used the .mp4 extension but audio plays off sync like 5 seconds before video.

Burning the DVD with Brasero, process starts burning the checksum, then burning the data and after like ~20 minutes, message of "100% burning complete" shows finalizing... then, started again to burn a 'second checksum'. Seen that before.
    Eight ! hours later, not finished by the typical eject of the disc. Stuck somewhere at less that a 1/4 progress bar, doing nothing. Turned laptop off.

Power cycled; got message of laptop was shut down from thermal protection but working fine 'now'

What is going on ? What is the correct 'conversion' that should have been chosen ? What is that endless, slow 'second' checksum burning ? Burned DVD does not play.
    Last edited by Innernet; 1 Week Ago at 01:52 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

Re: Burning DVD with Brasero...

Quote Originally Posted by Innernet View Post
    I guessed/chosed : to 720p for TV 'format' as intention to play on a standalone DVD player.
    Burned DVD does not play.
    I can't say anything about your burning issues, but your resolution was way too high. DVDs are MPEG-2 video at 720×576, for PAL, or 720×480, for NTSC. There is also a specific directory structure that must be used.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

Re: Burning DVD with Brasero...

Try using xfburn instead.
    Cheers,
    I am not an expert on anything, but I pretend to be one at times.
    Software expands to consume available system resources.