Thread: Unexpected behavior from Screen Lock

Beans

Unexpected behavior from Screen Lock

Rediscovered Xubuntu recently and am pleasantly surprised by it. There's just one thing that's bugging me. It seems that my computer is only partially recognizing the Xfce Power Manager settings.
    -Closing the lid does not lock the screen, as specified in the "General" tab, either on battery or plugged in power.
    -Display power management does work to an extent; the screen blanks or goes to sleep when I tell it to, but has two different behaviors depending on battery vs plugged in. If plugged in, the screen will simply blank. If on battery, the laptop will cease being able to be interacted with, and only CTRL+ALT+BKSPC will allow me to wake it back up.
    -As indicated above, the screen is not locked when the screensaver is activated.
    Thus far I'm really pleased with Xubuntu as a daily driver but I'm not sure that I can justify it's continued use without such a basic feature. Has anyone experienced this and have a solution?

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Re: Unexpected behavior from Screen Lock

Settings -> Power Manager There should be all the options in there that you are looking for both for AC and battery usage.

Beans

I understand that. I have used that utility to configure the expected behavior (ie, locking the screen, etc). It is producing the results described above as opposed to what I intend.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

Have you checked the "Lock screen after..." on the screensaver Settings page?