Thread: how to set up email\facebook on KDE?

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu

how to set up email\facebook on KDE?

Hi how to set up microsoft hotmail\facebook gmail from KDE desktop?
    Its only works from gnome its have plug in for that not from XFCE and kde.

i use online account but its only availble for gnome, KDE did not support much of that?

Beans

Re: how to set up email\facebook on KDE?

I use Thunderbird for all my mail even though KDE has its own mail client, KMail. I have to install Tbird with "sudo apt install thunderbird". It knows how to handle a number of offsite service providers.

Or you could just fire up KMail and give it a try.
    If you ask for help, do not abandon your request. Please have the courtesy to check for responses and thank the people who helped you.

Blog · Linode System Administration Guides · Android Apps for Ubuntu Users

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
    Or you could just fire up KMail and give it a try.
    KMail and the Messenger for Desktop app is the extent of my Facebook programs.

Beans

I know nothing about Facebook. I have never had an account and never will. There is no way I would ever put my personal details online, and Facebook's indifference to its customers' privacy reinforces that decision every day.

Was your information shared with Cambridge Analytica? How would you know? And if it was shared, what can you do about it?

You were asking about hotmail/gmail/etc. I answered that part of the request.
    Last edited by SeijiSensei; June 13th, 2019 at 01:54 PM.
    If you ask for help, do not abandon your request. Please have the courtesy to check for responses and thank the people who helped you.

Blog · Linode System Administration Guides · Android Apps for Ubuntu Users

Beans

I agree, Facebook sucks and isn't very private.

But I get advertisements for stuff I just looked at after logging into Comcast mail too. So true Internet privacy is just an illusion I think.

Besides, what are you going to do when most of the extended family and relatives are using it?

My mistake though. I have never used KMail for Facebook (not saying it wouldn't work on there though). Strictly Firefox for a Facebook browser, and Messenger for Desktop as a messenger app. Those two work for me.