Thread: how do i make firefox launch in a new process?

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

how do i make firefox launch in a new process?

i would like to know how to make firefox start in a new process instead of trying to connect to an existing process. i have been trying the command line argument --no-remote but it still tries to connect.
    What do you call someone who speaks three languages? Trilingual. Two languages? Bilingual. One language? American.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Budgie

Re: how do i make firefox launch in a new process?

AFAIK you will need to choose a different profile since the one in the first process is locked when in use.

This would require the use of the command line -p option.

For example:
    Code:
    firefox.exe -no-remote -p profilename
    /path/to/Truth

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

that worked, although it ignored the profile name and needed me to type it in. that defeats my intent to launch a firefox browser window in a separate process for each forum i visit. it is now running in PIDs 16549 (here) and 16877 (xfce forum).
    What do you call someone who speaks three languages? Trilingual. Two languages? Bilingual. One language? American.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate 19.04 Disco Dingo

You might want to watch this video by TuxDigital: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGTBH9yr8uw

In it he does talk about using Multi-Account Containers (Container Tabs) which, assuming you add the container tabs extensions he mentions, will allow you to have different tabs open in the same profile but with different logins.

I know it's not a whole new instance of Firefox, but might achieve the same results? Hope it helps.
    This post is like Brigadoon!