Thread: Thread Unfairly Closed

Beans

Thread Unfairly Closed

This morning I started a thread titled, "Ubuntu Forgot Who I Am". I was hoping to gain a greater understanding of the Ubuntu authentication process, however the thread was closed based on a non-technical reason; one that the admin doesn't have enough information to speak to as well.

Please re-open, so relevant technical information may be shared.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Re: Thread Unfairly Closed

You stated that you were unable to log into your employer's service and that the machine was your employer's. Any advice given on these forums would be without knowledge of your employer's rules regarding use of their machines, which is why we do not support such requests. You need to contact your employer's IT department about any technical issue with their machine.
    Ubuntu 20.04 Desktop Guide - Ubuntu 22.04 Desktop Guide - Forum Guide to BBCode - Using BBCode code tags

Member: Not Canonical Team

If you need help with your forum account, such as SSO login issues, username changes, etc, the correct place to contact an admin is here. Please do not PM me about these matters unless you have been asked to - unsolicited PMs concerning forum accounts will be ignored.

Beans

Feels like a cop out to not help. For all you know I am the IT department, lol. And I'm about to just do a fresh install cause this has been a waste of time thus far. We can either disregard that information cause the relevance is questionable or somebody can actually be helpful. If no one wants to help, please just delete the thread. Thanks.

Beans

All I'm really looking for is some possible services that I can troubleshoot, reinstall, restart, or some possible config files to check into. Googling fell short so I thought I'd actually try a forum and thus far the experience has not been satisfactory.

Pardon me, but I thought this was a place for technical conversation, not subjective debate.

Beans

Per the code of conduct, no request to voilate a EULA or TOS was made, which seems to have been the only logical reason to close the thread. Closing based on what was said can only be an assumption of a EULA or TOS, since no information about a EULA or TOS was provided or noted, only the mere possiblity that it may exist.

Section 22 states:
    "Staff posting and moderating in the same thread: This is generally discouraged. Exceptions include when no one else is available or when content very clearly violates the code of conduct."

I feel that the admin involved not only assumed more than what was provided since there was no clear violation of the code of conduct, but also excessively used admin power in way that was a conflict of interest and abuse of power.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

For the record - this has been amicably resolved by means of pm.
    Ubuntu 20.04 Desktop Guide - Ubuntu 22.04 Desktop Guide - Forum Guide to BBCode - Using BBCode code tags

Member: Not Canonical Team

If you need help with your forum account, such as SSO login issues, username changes, etc, the correct place to contact an admin is here. Please do not PM me about these matters unless you have been asked to - unsolicited PMs concerning forum accounts will be ignored.