Thread: After upgrade for 16.04 to 18.04 no video resolutions opting in settings

Beans

After upgrade for 16.04 to 18.04 no video resolutions opting in settings

I just did a release upgrade from 16,.04 LTS to 18.04 LTS. It went far smother than any of my previous upgrade except for won thin.

When I restarted in 18.04 it started in low resolution 640xx480 and when the login screen came up it's still 640x480 and when I login it stays 640x480. After logging in and going to settings no resolutions are shown.

I looked over the Internet and found a lot of detailed instructions to add specific resolutions, but no way to completely reset the resolutions.
    I this happened because during the upgrade the old Nvidia driver I was using was deleted and nouveau was loaded in its place.
    Code:
    # lspci |grep VGA  00:0d.0 VGA compatible controller: NVIDIA Corporation C61 [GeForce 7025 / nForce 630a] (rev a2)
    I then removed and remnants of nvidia
    Code:
    #sudo apt-get purge nvidia*
    That worked after a reboot although there are configuration problems with some of the desktops.

Beans

Re: After upgrade for 16.04 to 18.04 no video resolutions opting in settings

I've now completed the upgrade but uncovered a problem with the upgrade process.

When a system that has the samba winbind package is upgraded the necessary packages libnss-winbind and libpam-winbind are not installed.