Thread: nautilus/default terminal not opening

Beans

nautilus/default terminal not opening

Hello,

I was tinkering with a new 18.04 install, trying to get Chrome remote desktop to work. During this time the system was abruptly turned off. Since this time, the default terminal does not open (with any common method) and most recently Nautilus (and desktop files) do not open. Other installed terminal emulators such as XTerm and Terminator work and I can be used to browse the files in command line and execute.

Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Best

Beans

Re: nautilus/default terminal not opening

So I've installed Nemo and uninstalled Nautilus and the desktop folders now open in Nemo....no problem. Further, now, unlike before my first post, ctrl-alt-t opens Terminator. What could have happened? While I would like to know why this happened, I've fine leaving it this way as I'm not so picky.

The original Terminal is still not opening (from gnome icon) and I seem to have a secondary yet functional bad install of Terminator that I cannot remove with apt-get.

Again, any guidance would be appreciated.

Beans

Re: nautilus/default terminal not opening

I uninstalled Chrome which also uninstalled Chrome Remote Desktop and the issues cleared up. Chrome was installed sever days prior to remote desktop without problems so I'm thinking the issue was with Remote Desktop.