Thread: Logging in asks for password reset often

Beans

Logging in asks for password reset often

Noticed in last couple months when logging in with SSO 9 times out of 10 will ask for password reset before I can click the log on button. I just hit back button and log in. Lastpass has login info already pasted in. Anything I should know, or is login page just wacky? Have not changed password for some years. Thank you.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

Re: Logging in asks for password reset often

Ubuntu SSO page or ubuntuforums page asking for password reset? What exactly do you mean by "reset"? Do you have a screenshot? The forum software does not use a password, relying on SSO for authentication.
    Ubuntu 16.04 Desktop Guide - Ubuntu 18.04 Desktop Guide - Forum Guide to BBCode - Using BBCode code tags - IRC #ubuntuforums

Member: Not Canonical Team

Please do not PM me about your forum account unless you have been asked to. The correct place to contact an admin about your account is here.

Beans

Use the 'login with sso' button on top. Seems to take me to reset password page for when we forget/lose password, after lastpass has filled in user name and password, but before I can click on login button. Click on browser back button, then I can login normally. If this is wrong place to ask, sorry.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

If you click on the "Login with SSO" button on the ubuntuforums.org page, that should take you to the "Personal Data Request" page at login.ubuntu.com if you are already logged into ubuntu.com. If not, you should be taken to the "One account to log in to everything on Ubuntu" page where you can log into Ubuntu One. There is a "Forgot your password?" link on that page, but I don't believe I have ever seen a "reset password page for when we forget/lose password" page. Which is why I suggested a screenshot so that we can be sure we're talking about the same thing.

Edit: I see that if you click on the "Forgot your password?" link on the "One account to log in to everything on Ubuntu" ubuntu.com page, you are taken to a page headed "Reset password". Is this what you mean?

I suggest you see whether lastpass is interfering and effectively clicking on too far for you.
    Last edited by coffeecat; May 26th, 2019 at 10:12 PM.
    Ubuntu 16.04 Desktop Guide - Ubuntu 18.04 Desktop Guide - Forum Guide to BBCode - Using BBCode code tags - IRC #ubuntuforums

Member: Not Canonical Team

Please do not PM me about your forum account unless you have been asked to. The correct place to contact an admin about your account is here.

Beans

Probably forgot instead of reset, usually when it happens, just click the back button instead of paying attention. Next time if I remember will disable lastpass and try. Gmail logon is kind of wacky with lastpass also. Thanks for your help. Just remembered, when on log in page and lastpass has filled in info, I start to move mouse to log in button and then I am on reset password page, without clicking. Do not know if page has started loading before moving mouse, or starts loading after moving mouse. Find I am on reset page by time mouse gets to where log in button was.
    Last edited by crip720; May 26th, 2019 at 11:29 PM. Reason: some more info