Thread: Upgradable Laptops/2-in1s?

Beans

Upgradable Laptops/2-in1s?

I'm looking for a laptop or 2-in-1 (laptop/tablet), but its quite difficult to determine if these are upgradable or not. Many manufacturers aren't making these distinctions explicit anymore. All I'm looking for is a machine that can have its HDD/SSD and RAM upgraded. Although it would be nice, I'm not expecting upgradable CPU or graphics card. I know there's the Alienware Area 51m, but I'd prefer something smaller, in the 13.x display range (which seems to make it all the more difficult). In any case, is there a good list someone of upgradable laptops/2-in-1s or, if not, can we start one here?!

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

Re: Upgradable Laptops/2-in1s?

Not a technical support request.

Thread moved to The Cafe as the more appropriate forum.

Beans

Ive never found one i couldnt upgrade ssd or ram on yet. Except maybe macbooks.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Tadaen_Sylvermane View Post
    Ive never found one i couldnt upgrade ssd or ram on yet. Except maybe macbooks.
    Good to know. Looks like many of the ultraportables and 2-in-1 laptops, however, have those fixed. Apparently none the Dell XPS laptops, for example, have user-upgradable RAM or SSD/HDD.

Now I'm trying to find if there are any laptops left with removable batteries.
    Does anybody know if the System76 Galago Pro has one?