Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Who is using irc in 2019?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Who is using irc in 2019?

Quote Originally Posted by rodhos-hp View Post
    Although, developers at canonical still encourage the use of irc as the main platform for support and coordination of the projects. 🤔
    If anyone really want to know what happening right now in Ubuntu-land from a development point of view then IRC is only the place to be.
    The Bug Squad needs your help.

Beans

Call me a dinosaur however I was on IRC before the social media craze and still occasionally on FreeNode now -- there still doesn't seem to be a large user base. This platform at one time was a great way to get help and in direct contact with developers about certain issues with various programs, or why some things wouldn't compile correctly. Now sadly it seems most of the IRC channels are dead and I don't particularly find the information or user base as knowledgeable as they used to be. The same unfortunately could be said of large group forums -- similar to this one. I'm not sure where people go for help anymore since I'm sure the same frustrations with things are still present now as they were 10-15 years ago.

Beans

irc brings back old memories.. haven't been there for ages.

Beans

I still do. Very rarely nowadays though, and sometimes when I need help finding a book.

Beans

not used since around 2003 when i would download music videos of efnet videopimp

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 19.04 Disco Dingo

Anime fansubbers (those that are still left) use IRC.
    If you ask for help, do not abandon your request. Please have the courtesy to check for responses and thank the people who helped you.

Blog · Linode System Administration Guides · Android Apps for Ubuntu Users

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12