Thread: Network Issue

Beans

Network Issue

Can't' figure out what someone did to this freshly installed server, but please see attached. Ubuntu 16.

The /etc/network/interfaces is still exactly how I set it up. So I'm a bit confused. Rebooting server didn't fix it either. The server has a full /24 C class subnet routed to it.

ssh.pnginterface.png
    Last edited by Bashed; 2 Days Ago at 11:34 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Re: Network Issue

Please post text, not images. People using screen readers can't help with images. Any command you run can be redirected to a file then either use the mouse to select/paste it or transfer it to a system where you can. When posting text output, please use 'code tags' so it lines up the same here as it did in the terminal. Adv Reply (#) or Adv Edit (#)

What is the behavior? "Issue" is vague.
    https://blog.jdpfu.com/2013/03/01/li...101-networking has some troubleshooting steps. I suspect you need to start at the "Next Steps" section and post that information ... as text, using code tags, please.

Beans

I cannot post text. I cannot access via SSH. I had to connect via KVM (iDRAC 6) using Java. There's no ability to copy text from the virtual console window.

Beans

Anyone?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Quote Originally Posted by Bashed View Post
    I cannot post text. I cannot access via SSH. I had to connect via KVM (iDRAC 6) using Java. There's no ability to copy text from the virtual console window.
    You can transfer files if there is a network connection using pipes for emergencies like this.
    https://www.tecmint.com/transfer-fil...inux-machines/
    nc is usually already installed. If you don't have pv, ignore it.

So, run the commands to gather data in the link in the prior post, storage that into a file, edit the file so it is clear which output goes with exactly which command, transfer the text file to your workstation and copy/paste the output here.
    Please.

I looked at the image, zoomed way in, all it says is that the networking didn't start. Without more details, nobody can help.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

Quote Originally Posted by Bashed View Post
    …freshly installed server…
    I'm the furthest thing from a server guru of the sort TheFu is, but did notice this ↑

If it's freshly installed, perhaps the most practical advice would be to just reinstall?