Thread: Any online course to learn ubuntu?

Beans

Any online course to learn ubuntu?

Kindly suggest me any online resource or youtube channel.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: Any online course to learn ubuntu?

Ubuntu is a very easy to use and user friendly Linux platform. You can visit official ubuntu tutorials site https://tutorials.ubuntu.com/ or just google it, you will find tons of free tutorials online.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu

This is a good place to start.

And here also.

If you want more in depth study consider this.
    There are many many linux /ubuntu courses available on line from beginner to expert. Just do a search and you'll find more than you can ever do.
    Last edited by kc1di; May 17th, 2019 at 12:03 PM.
    Wireless script
    Dave
    Registered Linux User #462608
    Morse Code an early Digital Mode.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by juliejohn015 View Post
    Kindly suggest me any online resource or youtube channel.
    For what purpose?

Are you a grandma wanting to point-n-click everything and print out airline boarding passes 4 times a year?
    Or are you a software developer working with multiple languages?
    Or are you seeking a job as a systems administrator for a small business?
    Large business?
    Cloud business?
    Doing IoT device management for 25M Ubuntu devices?

Do you really care that it is ubuntu or is any variant of Ubuntu fine or any debian variant or any Linux variant or might any Unix-like OS work? For example, underneath, Ubuntu and Fedora and OSX are all very similar. If you strip away the GUI, then all Unix-like OSes are basically the same.

"I want to learn Ubuntu" is like saying, I want to drive a moving vehicle. Car, Truck, bicycle, train, airplane, 1 engine, 8 engines? See our difficulty in providing an answer?

I've seen beginner courses on Amazon Prime. Also on EdX.org, but these aren't about the point-n-click stuff very much.

So ... what, exactly, do you want to learn?

For point-n-click people, I cannot make any good suggestions. That isn't me. Whenever I've looked at most Linux Intro videos, I'm disappointed. They are all dry. The point-n-click videos are only good for a few years, because the GUI people like to change the GUIs completely every few years. If you learn the shell or CLI as we all it, then 95% of that knowledge lasts at least 15 yrs and it works on both servers and desktops.

For everyone else, http://linuxcommand.org/tlcl.php is a good place to start after the most basic, 1 hour GUI intro course is completed. Learning skills in the right order is very important, since every skill builds on the prior skills learned.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Click on the link in my sig: Resources for Newcomers

Beans

I try to do it myself from public sources

Beans

There is a wide selection of Ubuntu courses on Udemy. I personally took the Ubuntu Linux Server Basics and was satisfied with the level of knowledge I received.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

As the OP lasted all of 22 minutes between registering their account and logging out and has not been back since, I think we can assume they are not interested in the answers.

Thread closed. Thank you all for providing useful suggestions and links which I hope will be of use to those surfing the forum, even if not to the OP.
    Ubuntu 20.04 Desktop Guide - Ubuntu 22.04 Desktop Guide - Forum Guide to BBCode - Using BBCode code tags

Member: Not Canonical Team

If you need help with your forum account, such as SSO login issues, username changes, etc, the correct place to contact an admin is here. Please do not PM me about these matters unless you have been asked to - unsolicited PMs concerning forum accounts will be ignored.