Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Unable to upgrade to 18.10

Beans

Re: Unable to upgrade to 18.10

Quote Originally Posted by TheFu View Post
    Did you run sudo apt update && sudo apt dist-upgrade without any errors being reported before starting? You'll need to do the same with 18.10 before trying to move to 19.04 as well.

I must say, I've never used the GUI tools for OS migrations. If that is your need, someone else will need to help.
    I always use sudo do-release-upgrade from a prompt.
    I ran the latest GUI upgrade using Synaptic before starting the GUI upgrade process.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by TheFu View Post
    Did you run sudo apt update && sudo apt dist-upgrade without any errors being reported before starting? You'll need to do the same with 18.10 before trying to move to 19.04 as well.

I must say, I've never used the GUI tools for OS migrations. If that is your need, someone else will need to help.
    I always use sudo do-release-upgrade from a prompt.
    I guess I should try the command line upgrade the next time to see if that is more successful.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Edward_Diener View Post
    I am saying that once the GUI upgrade is complete and I am told to reboot, the grub2 screen shows the boot to the kernel for 18.10 as the default, and after I choose the default the bootup sequence hangs after showing the "fsckd..." messages as the last messages I see.
    If grub shows alternate kernels try them and see if they boot, then run fsck from there.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12