Page 297 of 299 FirstFirst ... 197247287295296297298299 LastLast
Results 2,961 to 2,970 of 2990

Thread: Mac-style Menu Bar for GTK and Java/Swing applications!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: Mac-style Menu Bar for GTK and Java/Swing applications!

Quote Originally Posted by kdi View Post
    Thanks for sharing this. It's awesome. I'm using Global Menu for quite some time and I love it. I have saved 4% of my vertical space for the application content.

To enhance the Global Menu further, I really love to see (is it possible?) window control + Global Menu on the Gnome Panel whenever a window is maximized so that we can optimize 4% more of the vertical space. I have made up a mockup to describe and share the idea with all ubuntu fan. It is a maximized GIMP window. Note that the window controls are on the Gnome Panel.

http://ubuntuone.com/p/6HJ/

Just my 2cents.Tq.
    you might want to try this applet

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Arrow Re: Mac-style Menu Bar for GTK and Java/Swing applications!

this is already possible: http://gnome-look.org/content/show.p...content=103732

/meh. too late.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Just wanted to ask: What is the current state of this? When is this going to get into Ubuntu? Why isn't it already? What are the current problems? How complicated is it to port this over to KDE applications? When is this going into Kubuntu? (KDE officially had such a feature already in KDE3 but that was not ported to KDE4 for some reason.)

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by albertz View Post
    Just wanted to ask: What is the current state of this? When is this going to get into Ubuntu? Why isn't it already? What are the current problems? How complicated is it to port this over to KDE applications? When is this going into Kubuntu? (KDE officially had such a feature already in KDE3 but that was not ported to KDE4 for some reason.)
    Shuttleworth has a delusional sense of usability. That's why it will probably never go into Ubuntu unless he wants to continue and make it look like OS X even more.

That's all, really. It works great besides that.

Beans

I'm not sure it should go into a base install. Too many users won't want to use it, and if it were part of a base *buntu I can already hear people scream and cry about how OSX-like Ubuntu is getting.

I wouldn't mind seeing it going into the official repos to make it easier for users to discover and use it, though.
    For an OSX look check out Mac4Lin (updated support thread)
    Follow me on Twitter | My Blog
    The Search tool is your friend.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Going into base install is no problem if it is only an option somewhere which is disabled by default.

Beans

Hey guys, does nayone know a fix for this problem:

When I have Nautilus open, it shows as CD/DVD creator, not Nautilus. How to change it to its proper name?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Quote Originally Posted by Old Marcus View Post
    Hey guys, does nayone know a fix for this problem:

When I have Nautilus open, it shows as CD/DVD creator, not Nautilus. How to change it to its proper name?
    Right click on menu applet, pick "edit menu", then edit the menu enntry for nautilus and change the name from "CD/DVD creator" to "File Manager" or whatever you want.

Beans

Guys whats the current state with Java apps? I'm a java hacker, is there anything I can do?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Where can I report bugs for this? or feature requests? With the "Search box in switcher menu" option active, for ever key pressed 2 are shown. for instance, if i were to type firefox, it would come up as ffiirreeffooxx. It still registers as firefox, but it's not very visually appealing. Does anyone else think it would be nice to be able to "hide" applications from it? so you dont get applications that are incompatible with it showing up in the menu bar, or windows without menus, like gnome-session or covergloobus.py?

Page 297 of 299 FirstFirst ... 197247287295296297298299 LastLast